NO FEES UNLESS WE WIN
24 HOURS SERVICE
HERE FOR YOU EVERY
STEP OF THE WAY
CASES WON IN YEARS
DOG BITE LAWYERS IN HOUSTON, TEXAS
Houston dog bite attorney understands the difficult nature of pursuing damages from a friend or family member after a dog bite occurs in their home or on their property.
The reality is, 77% of all dog bites are perpetrated by the victim’s family or friend’s pet, and more than half of all dog bite attacks occur on the dog owner’s property.
The complication of pursuing a premises liability case against someone you know and love is that most people fear they will damage their personal relationships as a result, which is why it is important to partner with a Houston dog bite attorney who will do the work for you.
As your Houston dog bite lawyer, we will take the lead in pursuing the dog owner’s insurance provider for the financial recovery you deserve, so you are not placed in the uncomfortable position of confronting your friend or family member personally for damages.
Our Houston dog bite lawyer knows that these injuries often require lengthy medical care and that you should never have to pay for these expenses out of your pocket. Allow our experienced Houston dog attack law firm to pursue the negligent dog owner while you focus on healing.
HOW OFTEN DO DOG BITES OCCUR IN THE UNITED STATES?
Nearly five million dog bites occur each year throughout the United States. That’s one dog bite every 75 seconds, each day. Of that number of dog bites
Nearly five million dog bites occur each year throughout the United States.
That’s one dog bite every 75 seconds, each day.
Of that number of dog bites:
• Over 1,000 people are treated in hospital emergency departments every day
• 1 in 5 dog bites become infected
• On average, two people die from rabies each year
• 27,000 people require reconstructive surgery for their injuries
The State of Texas requires specific evidence to be presented to achieve success in a Houston dog bite claim.
The dog owner:
• Knew the dog has bitten another person before or acted has previously acted aggressively
• Was negligent in preventing the bite or in controlling the dog
• Negligence caused your injuries
Proving negligence is often difficult in dog bite cases, as the owner will attempt to blame the victim. Often, dog owners state the victim provoked the dog, which led to the bite or attack and their insurance company will follow suit using the same allegations while doing everything they can to deny or devalue your claim.
Do not let them diminish your injuries. Allow our Houston dog bite attorney to present the facts and aggressively pursue the financial compensation you and your family deserve.
The Centers for Disease Control lists common dog bite infections like rabies, tetanus, and MRSA as the most common dog bite infections, which can require long-term care.
One in five dog bites become infected, and some can lead to serious and even fatal conditions.
Additional Houston dog bite injuries will require immediate medical care can include:
• Broken or crushed bones
• Pierced or ripped skin
• Torn muscles or ligaments
• Puncture wounds
• Nerve damage
• Face and neck injuries
• Mobility problems
• Scarring and disfigurement
• Each dog bite injury is unique and requires customized medical care.
At Tomballs Physical Injury Lawyers, our dog bite attorney in Houston will take the lead in pursuing your case, so you can visit each physician, rehabilitation, and therapy appointment without worrying about the costs.
Dog bites can lead to extremely costly care, which is difficult to recover from.
Throughout the United States each year:
• Dog bite insurance claim costs have doubled in the past 15 years
• Dog bite-related hospital stays are roughly 50% higher than average injury stays
• Dog bite victims suffer over one billion dollars in monetary losses
• Homeowners’ insurance paid nearly $700 million in liability claims related to dog bites injuries
• Dog bite-related hospital stays average over $18,000 per injury victim
Since all dog bite injuries are unique, the compensation our Houston attorneys will pursue on our client’s behalf will reflect their exact needs.
That can include:
• Current and future medical expenses
• Rehabilitation and therapy costs
• Lost wages
• Pain and suffering
• Permanent injuries, including scarring, disfigurement, or lost mobility
Last year, 36 dog attacks resulted in fatalities, including the deaths of 15 children and 21 adults.
If you have lost a loved one to a dog bite or attack, you may have a wrongful death case against the owner. Contact our Houston dog bite attorney today to ensure your rights are protected and that the dog owner is held accountable for their negligence.
The rate of dog bites in children is highest between the ages of five and nine, and because of their small size and stature, children are often severely injured when bitten or attacked by a dog.
In the United States last year:
• 27% of all dog bite fatality victims were newborns, infants, and toddlers ages two and under
• 60% of dog bite fatality victims were aged 10 and under
• 80% of severe dog bites in children involve the head and neck
Since children are unable to defend themselves, even against the smallest types of dogs, their injuries are often so much more severe and require surgeries to avoid life-long scarring or permanent damage.
At Charles J. Argento, our dog bite lawyers in Houston will pursue the dog owner’s insurance provider for your child’s complete recovery, so you can focus on getting your child the care they need without the stress of the costs.
In the State of Texas, dog bite injury victims must file a personal injury claim within two years of the incident occurring. There are very few exceptions to this statute, which is why it is important to contact our Houston dog bite injury lawyer before speaking with the insurance company.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
A serious injury can leave a mark on your life in many ways, not the least of which is financially. Further, we charge no attorney fees until we obtain compensation for your injury case. Take advantage of our No Recovery, No Fee guarantee.